This lasagna can be made vegan. Instead of actual sausages you can use tofurky or any other brand you like. Chop it in pieces before stir frying. The cheese I used here is daiya!
6 handfuls of kale (stems removed). Washed and chopped
6 Italian sausages, removed from casing
1 red onion, chopped
1 cup of mushrooms
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 jars of tomato sauce
1-2 bags of mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp italian seasoning
Lasagna noodles (mine were bake ready)
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºC
- In a large saucepan, heat in medium and add oil. Once oil is warm stir in the onion and garlic until brown
- Then stir in the mushroom with italian seasoning
- Add in sausage and start cooking it through, flipping and stirring to make sure it’s cooking evenly for about 5 minutes. Make sure the meat is close to minced. The less chunky the better
- Stir in the kale, mix it well and cook covered for around 2 min just to steam it a little bit. Uncover and keep stirring around until cooked
- Next, pour one jar of tomato sauce into saucepan and stir around
- Now the fun part starts! Using second jar of tomato sauce, pour in a little bit on your baking pan. As a base for noodles to sit in.
- Next add in noodles however they fit best. In my case I added 3 horizontally and one vertical for the bottom (broken lasagna noodle to fit haha)
- Top with sausage kale mix (use about 1/3 of it)
- Sprinkle some cheese and repeat until lasagna is done! Around 3 layers. Finish with lasagna noodles, add rest of tomato sauce and lots of cheese!
- Bake for 30 min until golden