I usually crave for something light when I wake up. 🙇🏻♀️
Something that is easy to digest and I can take on the go. This is kind of the baseline of any green smoothie I make:
- Start with a quick splash of water in your blender (so things float a little bit) You can also use a couple of cubes of ice!
- Two handful of leafy greens (I’ve used kale, spinach and even salad mix before)🌱
- 1-2 Fresh fruit to add a tad of sweetness without using fruit juice. My go tos are usually a banana 🍌(frozen makes it thicker) plus one handful of any other fruit in my fridge. From blueberries to oranges, mango…whatever is in stock and will go well 😜
- Add in a boost: this could be an inch of ginger, half lemon juice, maca powder, spirulina, hemp seeds etc. You can add all of that or just one item to keep it simple
- Big splash of your choice of nut/oats/rice milk, coconut water or yogurt
What’s your go-to morning food?