My sister Erica has been so excited to try these eggless omelettes. Being allergic to eggs, she grew up wondering what the fuss is all about! We tried a couple of variations until we ended up with this one. These ones were more like a pancake/crepe omelette cross. I think it’s still pretty yummy!
Ome-lette you try this and report back! 😜
For the ‘Omelette’
- 1/2 cup garbanzo flour
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 turmeric powder
- 1/4 cumin powder
- 1/4 garlic powder
- 1/2 pepper
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp grounded flax seed
- Freshly chopped green onion, one stalk (optional)
- Salt to taste
For the filling
- Veggies of your choice. Keep it simple or try something new!
- Optional: Bacon, ham (vegan or any kind)
- Topping ideas: cheese, avocado, lime juice and fresh herbs
- Start with adding all the omelette ingredients in a big bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Next, heat a pan, add oil of your choice and start stir frying your veggies. (For this recipe I had some frozen chopped veggies in hand: carrot, snap peas, corn and peas. Added some fresh spinach and bacon into the stir fry)
- Remove veggies from pan. Turn heat to medium and add in oil of choice. Add in 1/3 of the omelette mix, spread evenly. Cover and cook for 3-5 min. Then flip and cook the other side for another couple of minutes. Add in the veggies on top and fold omelette. Turn off heat and keep covered for another minute
- Plate, garnish and enjoy!