Finally getting around to making my own oat milk 🥛
All you have to do is soak + blend + strain = oat milk.
Here is what you need for around 1 lt of oat milk:
- 1 cup oats (rolled or steel cut)
- 3 cups of water
- Any flavouring you want to add: vanilla, salt, maple syrup, dates, cinnamon, pistaschio, etc
- Soak 1 cup of oat in water (It is recommended to soak the oats for at least 30 min and up to 13 hours before blending to lower the phytic acid and help with digestion + better nutrients absorption)
- Rinse off the excess water
- Add to blender and then pour in 3 cups of water. If you want to sweeten or add other ingredients this is the time. Blend!
- Pour in cheesecloth and strain
- Store in container and enjoy!
This oat milk should be good for 3-5 days. No preservatives after all 😉
*Use the excess pulp for smoothies, baked goods or even a face mask!