Let’s milk some almonds to its fullest🥛Don’t you hate it when food gets waste? Me too. With today’s 2 in 1 recipe we use’s almond milk’s leftover pulp to make yummy protein bites.
Here’s what you’ll need for almond milk
- 1 cup raw almonds [soaked overnight + drain]
- 4 cups of water
- Optional: a couple of soaked/pitted dates to sweeten and dash of himalayan salt
You’ll also need high speed blender and cheese/nut strainer cloth
- Add everything to a blender.
- Blend until creamy, strain and store milk in airtight container.
- Save the pulp for our next recipe
Protein Balls 🍫here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup leftover pulp from (almond milk)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (or dissecated coconut)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 soaked and pitted dates (or more depending on your sweetness preference)
- Splash of almond milk
- Optional: Handful semi sweet chocolate (added towards the end). You can also add a dash of vanilla
- Matcha powder
- Cacao powder
- Coconut flakes
- In a food processor add the leftover almond pulp, coconut flakes, coconut oil, cacao powder, chia seeds, hemp seeds, soaked/pitted dates, splash of almond milk. (Do not add chocolate chips until the very end) blend everything.
- Scrape the edges if it gets stuck. Optional: Towards the end add handful (or more) dark chocolate chips and blend for just a little bit to mix without breaking.Enjoy! Chill in fridge. I hear them up slightly just because I like the soft meaty chocolate