Red Lentil Okra Soup
- 2 stalks celery, cut medium sized chunks
- 1 small carrot, cubed
- 12 okra pieces , medallion cut (I chopped mine around 3 pieces each)
- I medium onion chopped
- 3 garlics minced
- Turmeric (2 tsp)
- Thyme (2 tsp)
- Coconut oil
- 1 cup red lentils, washed and drained
- 4-5 cups broth (chicken or veggie) or water
- In a large saucepan, heat in medium stir in the coconut oil
- Add in the garlic and onion. Stirring occasionally and brown.
- Add in carrot, celery and okra. Cook cover for 2 minutes and remove lid.
- Add in turmeric and thyme. Stir well
- Add in the broth/water and the lentils. Turn heat to high and once it’s boiling turn to medium low and cook for around 20 min. Stirring in between
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!