Vegan Whole Wheat Waffles
Vegan whole wheat waffles with fresh blueberries, raspberries and banana. Topped with chocolate sauce and cinnamon powder.
To make waffles:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (or 1 cup white flour and 1 cup whole wheat)
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup of earth balance butter
- 1 3/4 cups plain or vanilla almond milk (or any other milk of your choice, make sure it’s unsweetened!)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Nutmeg (Optional)
- Maple syrup (Optional)
Now in a large bowl sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Now incorporate the butter with the mix. I used my hands, you can also use two forks until the texture resemble coarse meal (a sort of sandy texture)
Then, pour in the milk and vanilla and also chocolate chips if you want. Mix and whisk together!
Heat in your waffle maker. When it’s done you can sprinkle some powder sugar and cinnamon. Finally, top with fresh fruits, coconut, ice cream, whatever you like.