What happens when you see free range eggs on sale? If you’re like me…then you probably brought way too many of them 😅 After a couple of weeks I still had plenty and seeing how they were about to past their ‘best before date’ i knew I had to find a quick way to use them up.
Hence this egg muffin recipe 🥚. It’s super duper easy to make and versatile. You can have it for breakfast with a green smoothie or mix it with a side salad for lunch or have some soup with it. Whatever you want at whenever you want!
Ingredients (Makes 12 muffins)
- 9 whole eggs
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 cup mushrooms
- Kale leaves (washed, rinsed and chopped)
- 1 zuchinni cubes
- 2 strips of bacon, cut in pieces (optional)
- 2 garlics, minced
- Oil (I used coconut)
- Salt & Pepper
- Pinch of Paprika to give it a kick
- Mozarella cheese
- Heat a pan in medium, once warm add in oil. Stir in garlic and then add bacon. Cook for around 3 minutes
- Stir in the rest of the veggies: pepper, kale leaves, zucchini and mushrooms. Stirring and cover for around 2-3 min. Remove cover and cook until water is absorbed, another 2-3 minutes. Add in salt, pepper and a pinch of paprika. Remove from heat
- In a medium bowl (or in my case large measuring cup) crack 9 whole eggs and start beating thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 375ºC
- Grease the muffin tin (I forgot to do that so it was a bit of a struggle to remove the muffins after baking)
- With a spoon, distribute the mixture evenly
- Then pour in the egg mixture, give it a little stir to mix it through
- Finally top with shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bake for 25 min and enjoy!