Recipe from the ‘Whole Pantry’ app.
- 5 cups of sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 5 cups of water
- 1 organic stock cube
- 3 spring onions, green ends removed
- 1 tablespoon coconut or other oil, for frying
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon grated ginger
- freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/2 red chilli (optional)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, roots removed, stalks on
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, stalks on
- Bring the water to boil, add in diced sweet potato and stock cube. Cook until tender.
- In a hot saucepan, cook spring onions and chill in the oil until onions are tender
- Add all spices, garlic and ginger to a saucepan and simmer on medium heat for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add in frozen pease to spice mix with 1/2 cup of water, stirring 3-4 minutes or until peas are cooked. Remove from heat.
- Turn sweet potato off heat. Add in spcied peas and fresh herbs.
- Using a stick blender, carefully puree until you reach a desired consistency. Add in 1/2 cup of water or coconut milk to thin down, if desired.
Jan 20, 2017