This is a yummy curry recipe. You can have it as naked bowl (no wrap), taco, burrito, quesadilla or on a bed of greens with rice and some nacho chips garnish. This is another quick recipe where I can toss everything in a pan and let the juices simmer.
- 150g of grounded beef (you can also break down a black bean veggie burger or buy vegan beef)
- 1 bag frozen veggies (mine had black beans, barley, edamame, broccoli and red peppers) Sometimes when I’m short in time or if I don’t have fresh groceries, frozen produce is my go to!
- 1/2 yam, cubed
- Salad leaves: I used baby spinach for this recipe
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions (chopped including white part)
- 1/2 teaspoon of chopper ginger
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Coconut Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp curry spice blend: Mine was the India Spice Blend from Acanela I got this from one of my Causebox charity box a while back. They are a social enterprise that focuses on connecting artisans in developing countries with opportunities to monetize their skills.
- Optional: Nachos or pita chips for garnish
- Optional: Wraps for taco or burrito
- In a pan, heat oil in medium. Add in ground beef and fry until golden. Stirring often and adding salt and pepper to taste. Once it’s cooked remove from pan
- Add more oil into the pan if it’s all dry. Warm in medium heat. Stir in green onion, garlic and ginger. Cook until brown.
- Add in yam pieces, stir and add a splash of water. Cover for 2 minutes
- Add in curry and mix
- Next, pour in your veggies. If they’re frozen add another splash of water and cook covered for around 5 minutes. If they’re fresh cook cover for 3-5 minutes, add a little bit of water depending on the veggies you have.
- Remove cover, stir in the cooked meat and let it absorb the veggie juices. Around 1-2 minutes
- If there’s too much liquid, remove a bit of it around 3 tbsps and mix it with 1 tsp of cornstarch. Pour into the rest of mixture to thicken
- Voila! Serve on a bed of greens, with rice or in a taco or burrito shell.
Taco bout’ versatile! 😛