Christine's Bean Brownies
This recipe is from Strala sister Christine Bonde. These are amazing! They are healthy and you can have them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Christine has an amazing selection of delicious recipes. For more go follow her here
Brownie is one of my absolute favourite foods ever. I will 100% choose a brownie over any meal at any given time 😅 Imagine my excitement when I saw Christine share her take on brownies with a healthy twist. All I could say after trying them were "Where have you BEAN all this time?!" 😂
This is my second time making them in less than a week. So you know how obsessed I am with these! My sister Erica suggested I try a version with adzuki beans (red beans) instead of black beans, a very Chinese take on desserts indeed! Because I like testing things out, challenge accepted! So below is the slightly modified version of Christine’s Bean Brownies
I doubled the recipe because they were gone pretty fast last time, replaced black bean for adzuki beans, peanut butter for almond butter (sister is allergic to peanuts) and vanilla powder for vanilla essence. This version has a bit more liquidy because the adzuki beans were still pretty moist after cooking and draining.
At first I thought I messed up but they turned out extra soft, gooey and with moist center. Almost as if there were some mousse in between. So you mousse try this out too 🙈🤗
- 2 cups of adzuki beans (red bean), cooked and drained
- 1 1/4 cups of quick oats
- 8 tsps of coconut sugar
- 8 tsps of almond butter
- 8 heaping tbsps of cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsps of baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cups of semi sweet/dark chocolate (save for mixing at the end)
- Preheat oven to 360º F
- In a food processor add all the ingredients except for semi sweet chocolate pieces. Blend thoroughly. (NOTE* if you want brownie to be extra smooth, blend quick oats to a fine flour first before adding all the other ingredients)
- Pour batter on a 9x12 pan or square pan, mix in the chocolate pieces. Stirring evenly
- Bake for 25-30 min, check around 20 min mark just in case
- Remove from oven, let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!
Thank you Christine for letting me share these 💖 I look forward to trying more yummy recipes from you!
Did you try these? What do you think? Share your thoughts below!