Thyme to Get Better Soup
My sister wasn't feeling well. It's exam season, so I wanted to make her something comforting and soothing. I call this it's 'Thyme to get better' soup haha.
- 8 chicken legs (optional, this recipe can be made vegetarian without it!)
- 1 potato, washed and cubed
- 1 sweet potato, washed and cubed
- 1 cup of corn
- 1 cup of mushroom, washed and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 litres chicken broth (can be swapped for veggie)
- Coconut oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Thyme
- 1/4 Tsp Rosemary
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Noodles or rice of choice
- 2 Tbsp white miso (optional)
- Sriracha (optional)
- Heat coconut oil in large pan, add in garlic and onion until brown
- Add in chicken legs and brown all sides. Flipping occasionally until they're all even. For veggie version you can just this step!
- Add in vegetables, broth and spices. If you're adding miso, hold it off until the very end!
- Turn heat to high until it boils and then simmer for 20 minutes
- While soup is simmering you can prep your noodles. I used soba noodles for this one.
- Once soup is done, remove from heat. Stir in miso paste and cover for 2 minutes.
- Voila! Serve with noodles and sriracha if you want an extra kick!