I’ve been wanting to give the Peruvian ‘Tallarines verdes’ a vegan tackle for a while. I couldn’t past-a opportunity to try! It’s essentially pesto sauce with fresh cheese, basil, milk… it is SO DAMN GOOD. It was certainly a fun challenge to use only vegan ingredients.
- Noodles of your choice (or spiralized zucchini)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1 small handful of pine nuts (or walnuts)
- 1/2 small avocado (optional, for an extra creamy texture)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1/2 nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup of almond milk approximately
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Cook noodles according to package
- Chop garlic and onion. Set aside
- In a blender add a dash of olive oil (around 1/4 cup) + basil + spinach + cashews + pine nuts + avocado (optional) + lemon juice + nutritional yeast + unsweetened almond milk + salt and pepper to taste. Start blending low to high when appropriate. If mixture is too thick, add a dash of water, you want to be able to blend but not as watery as a smoothie! Set aside when ready
- In a large saucepan, heat and add in oil (I used vegan butter). Stir in garlic and onion and cook until brown.
- Then add in the blender mix. Stir in low heat for a little bit. Taste and check if seasoning is good. Remove from heat and add in the pasta and mix everything up!
Save & Pin it 👇
Apr 18, 2018