This was soup-pose to be a productive week but instead, caught my first cold of the year (hopefully last!). I’ve been craving for all kinds of soup. Here’s another easy breezy soup recipe that is creamy yet has no dairy 🤤 YUM!
- 3 garlics (minced)
- 2 red onions (sliced)
- 1-2 carrots (washed and peeled; but not chopped)
- 1 head cauliflower (washed and chopped)
- 1 head broccoli (washed and chopped)
- 1 box of veggie broth (no salt added) or 900 ml of water
- 1/2 cup (or more) nutritional yeast. Adjust to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Coconut oil (your choice)
- In a large pan heat the oil, stir in garlic and onion until brown
- Add in broccoli, cauliflower and carrot
- Pour in veggie stock (or water if that’s what you’re using).
- Cover lid. Bring to simmer in high heat. Once it boils, reduce to low heat. Cook for 10 minutes
- Remove whole carrots. Let them cool, chop in cubes and set aside*
- Add in nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Start blending!
- Once everything is blended add in the cubed carrots. And if you’re feeling fancy add some garnish on top
*Technically you can blend every together instead of removing the carrots but the soup will probably turn brown. Removing the carrots and stirring them back in is more for presentation purposes 😛
Feb 28, 2018